Give thanks this year to yourself by keeping your smile white and bright. Sugarless gum will sweep away harmful acids in your mouth after meals, and leave your mouth feeling fresh, protected, and clean. In addition, sugarless gum produces large amounts of cavity-fighting saliva. Here are some facts on sugarless gum and your oral health:
– Be sure to choose sugarless chewing gum that has been awarded the American Dental Association ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Sugarless gum increases saliva flow, which washes away food and other debris. Saliva also neutralizes acids originating from harmful bacteria, and can provide disease-fighting substances to combat threats with the mouth.
– Sugarless gum helps after meals, but it is not a substitute for brushing and flossing.
– Sugarless gum can also prevent heartburn. This is beneficial because the acids in your esophagus can damage your teeth.
– Studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes after a meal can fight cavities. The chewing gum itself doesn’t fight cavities, but the act of chewing increases saliva flow.
Sugarless gum should not be used if you experience any tooth sensitivity or jaw pain. If you would like more information, or if you would like to make an appointment with Dr. Donald Roman, please contact our fantastic staff here at Roman Dental Arts by calling us at 201-843-0440. You can also stop by our dentist office in Hackensack, New Jersey. Start your fall season with a smile!